Why are PTO fundraisers needed?
Our PTO provides many opportunities for Ross students throughout the school year and all funds raised directly support those events, assemblies, upgrades, and initiatives.
Past events include:
- Back to School Social
- Fun Run
- Author’s Day
- Family Movie Night
- Book Bingo
- Teacher Appreciation Luncheon
- Field Day
Past Assemblies include:
- Chinese Acrobats by Bureau of Lectures
- Takes Wings (with real penguins in the auditorium) by the National Aviary
- The Gab Squad (Pittsburgh-based musical comedy act teaching tolerance and respect)
Other funding responsibilities:
- Playground equipment updates and replacements
- Recess equipment and activities
- Field trip transportation
- School Directory
What is the goal?
If each student raised just $97 the PTO general fund would gain more than $50,000! With these funds, we could purchase new playground equipment to replace the outdated setup Ross currently has. This would not only make our school more enjoyable for our students, but it would also be a great addition to the Ross community.
What kind of fundraisers?
The PTO is planning the following fundraisers for the 2021/2022 school year:
- Fun Run – September 24, 2021
- Butter braids- October 8-25, 2021 (delivery near Thanksgiving)
- Sarris Candy – Starts October 27, 2021
- Texas Roadhouse Dine to Donate – October 28, 2021
- Talent Show – January 2022
- Celebration of Learning – February 2022
- Chipotle and Blaze Dine and Donate Nights – no selling necessary just dine in and we will receive profit from the restaurant
- Five Below Shopping Night
- Spirit Wear – sales occur once per season (Fall, Winter, Spring) with different apparel available each sale
- Student Directory
- Box Tops for Education
**Please note that the student council and school district will hold fundraisers throughout the school year. Those fundraisers help a specific cause and do not go to our General PTO fund**
Is there an easier option?
ABSOLUTELY! If you would prefer to donate one lump sum and ignore the fundraisers just make your check payable to Ross PTO and send it to the school with your student. All funds raised go to the PTO general fund, which directly benefits all students at Ross.
If you have questions or fundraising ideas, please contact Natalie Dohn at firstname.lastname@example.org.